Fabric banners are the perfect craft for any occasion! Whether it be for something special such as Christmas, Easter or a birthday, or to display your favourite inspirational quote, or even just for fun!
Banners are a great craft for kids and adults to create - and the finished product will always be unique.
Tips for making your fabric banner!
· If your banner is wrinkled from being in the packaging – give it a quick iron before you start.
· Draw or find an image for your banner. Cut the image out of the felt provided.
· Stitch or glue your pieces on – or use a combination of both
· Use the embroidery thread to stitch details or to make a pom-pom or a tassel
· Cut the bottom of your banner to give a triangular or curved shape
· Use beads to string on your hanging thread, or hang some down the side. Beads can also be painted!
· Use the dowel provided to thread through the top of your banner, or use a stick from the garden to give a more natural look!
· Add paint or glitter for extra fun!
The following are some pictures of some kids banner workshops we held at The Little Craft House.