Painting wood beads is the best way to make a unique and personalised necklace!
There is so many creative possibilities - let your imagination go crazy!
What you'll need:
a selection of natural wood beads
Good quality paint (I chose to use a selection by DecoArt)
Variety of paintbrushes
A box or jar to use for drying the beads
Tips for painting your beads:
- Thread your beads onto a bamboo skewer, separating each bead with the washi-tape.
- Use good quality paint and paintbrushes to give the best coverage
- Paint your beads using a variety of techniques - solid colours, multi-coloured, half painted
- Washi-tape can also be used to create straight lines on the beads
- Use a thin paintbrush to paint detailed designs - flowers, polka-dots, crosses
- Once all beads on the skewer are painted, stick the skewer into a box or sit in in a jar - ensure wet beads don't touch each other
- Once beads are dry, remove the washi-tape and the beads
- Now you can make your jewellery!
Have fun making your beads!
**This post was a collaboration with Shamrock Australia